Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Happy May! Well, my whirlwind days have kept me away from blogging! For shame, because I really want to keep current and perhaps build an audience and network and hopefully start something locally for felters/textile lovers!  I am a mixed media artist first and foremost though, love painting, jewelry design, quilt arts, beading and felting! So there will always be a mixture on this site.  I do want to post May stones for those interested in the wonderful list of traditional, ancient, modern and astrological stones for the month of May! Here they are:
Green Agate, Amber, Azurite, Aventurine, Carnelian, Chrysoprase,citrine, Coral, Garnet, Pearl, Rose Quartz, Sapphire, Tigers Eye, Turquoise and White Sapphire! What an amazing choice.  For the metaphysical aspects of these stones visit my tab Patti Cook at www.art-eh.ca if I don't have it there, email me and I will certainly send you the information.  I have some wonderful resource books here to consult!

I have an Art Fair that I'm participating in a couple of weeks so I've got to get busy with my inventory! Just received my new batch of silk scarves and gutta so will be painting some new scarves, have been itching to make some felted bangles and I have a book full of sketches for jewelry that I want to make. Just finished wire wrapping 8 Auralite-23 crystals. There is a lot of debate on the authenticity of this wonderful Amethyst crystal. It has been found to also host at a minimum 17 different minerals/metals, so the benefits are extra for the owner. I have a cool link that shows a large one with lots of pictures! http://dosmangoes.xanga.com/608945917/item/
This picture above is a beautiful macro picture of the crystalline structure of Auralite Amethyst. Our beautiful Mother Earth gives birth to such beauty! 

No comments: